Friday, October 12, 2012

Digital Fine Art Printing: Photography Proof

I'd like to share an example of my digital photography in an "8.5 x 11" print proof using Epson Velvet digital Fine Art paper. The only difference that I could tell from the screen to the printing was the amount of detail brought out by using the high-pass overlay feature within my print. I had much more delineation of color noise on my edges using the high-pass overlay and viewing it on the computer than I received from my print proof. Basically the color noise I saw on the screen was hyper sensitive detail that didn't translate to the final image. The pigments behaved in a different way on paper than the screen lead me to believe. This is a crucial piece of information for me to understand and is just one of the many things I have learned while learning about the digital fine art printing process.


Above: Original digital image



Above: Printed proof on paper

No comments:

Post a Comment